Can CBD Products Really Ease and Reduce Symptoms of Psoriasis?
Psoriasis is an incurable skin disease that causes red and itchy patches to form on the skin. It is an immune system problem that causes your body to produce new skin cells under the already present layer of skin. It mostly affects areas such as the scalp, elbow, and knees.
Though it is an incurable disease, measures can be taken to provide relief to the patient. With the innumerable chemical components found in the cannabis plant, research is being conducted to see how CBD can help cure or provide relief to the affected.
It is proven that CBD oil and topicals are effective on itches help reduce inflammation and pain, and so can be considered an additional form of treatment for psoriasis. CBD cream and other oil tinctures can be easily found online, and the best site to visit is JustCBD. They have all the varieties of CBD products including CBD pain roll-on cream and other topical ointments.
People suffering from psoriasis have symptoms like –
- Patches of red skin are covered with thick scales that are itchy and silvery.
- Dry skin patches that crack and bleed.
- Smaller scaly spots that burn, itch, and pain.
- Stiff and swollen joints and ridged nails.
Causes of Psoriasis –
- High stress affects the immune system.
- Skin injury and severe sunburns
- Certain medications.
- If one or more people in the family have psoriasis then the chances of you getting it increases.
Few treatment options for reducing symptoms of psoriasis –
- Phototherapy – It is a treatment that uses UV light to reduce the symptoms of psoriasis. It is time-consuming and also heavy on the pocket as you require a few sessions per week. Long-term exposure to UV lights can also lead to skin cancer.
- Systematic – agents – These are medications taken in the form of pills and injections. Such medication should be taken by people who don’t have blood and liver problems. If you are pregnant, discontinue the medication. Discontinuing medication might cause psoriasis to come back.
- Topicals – Topicals are available in both medicated and non-medicated forms. Applying these moisturizers and lotions to the affected area helps reduce inflammation and itching and helps stabilize the skin.
Cannabinoid such as CBD is proven to have anti-inflammatory and immunity regulating benefits. With these being the top symptoms of psoriasis, it is a given that CBD will also be an effective treatment as well.
CBD comes in various forms such as capsules, edibles, oils and tenures, balms and lotions, and vapes. The kind of CBD product to use will depend on the type of psoriasis that you have. Like if you have affected areas on your face, it is better to use CBD products that suitable for your face.
There are no specific CBD products that are formulated for the treatment of psoriasis, so using the products that best match your symptoms is your safest choice to get proper results. CBD products have minimal side effects when compared to the other treatments. It is also non-addective so is legal in several states and can be purchased without prescriptions.
There is much research that still needs to be done, but CBD products do show promise in the medical field. Always take professional advice before trying any of the CBD products.